redis memory increasing linearly

Francesco Giuseppe Toffoli ftoffoli at skylogic.it
Mon Dec 4 10:11:49 CET 2017

Hi everybody,
since a coupe of weeks the memory used by Redis in increasing linearly,
continuosly.
We are a bit worried as also after a Redis server restart the situation
is the same (the RAM taken is equal before and after the restart).
I would exclude the issued has been caused by a configuration change,
the issue started on 20 November at 11:44PM when nobody was working on
bischeck.
I'm enabling logs in order to see if there is something wrong.

In the meanwhile does anyone have a suggestion on how to proceed?
Upgrading to Redis 4.0 (stable) can be done maintaining the
retro-compatibility with Bischeck? (we have Redis 2.8.23)

As a workaround I was thinking to enable the Redis option 'maxmemory'
with the 'maxmemory policy': about this last option, as we need all keys
to be maintained on database, does anyone know as can be set? (I've read
something about key eviction but i still don't have any clear idea).

Regards,
Francesco

--

Francesco Giuseppe Toffoli
Monitoring Engineer

GSE Department

Tel: +39 01127387488

Mobile: +39 349.800.60.35
Email: _ftoffoli at skylogic.it <mailto:ftoffoli at skylogic.it>_
*
**Skylogic S. p. A.*
Strada Pianezza, 289
10151 Torino, Italy

This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required please request a hard-copy version. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Company. No employee or agent is authorized to conclude any binding agreement on behalf of this Company nor, through this latter, any of
 the Eutelsat Communication group with another party by email without express written confirmation by a duly authorized officer of the Company. The list of duly authorized officers and the scope of their powers is published on the Trade Register according to the national law of each affiliate.