Odd Problem with check_yum on one server...

Sean Alderman salderman1 at udayton.edu
Fri Sep 13 19:46:16 CEST 2013

I apologize... I should have pasted that, but I thought the fact that I
could execute the check_yum script as the nrpe user on the host with the
problem would have implied that it functions as expected.  Yum is located
where we would expect it to be on a standard CentOS machine.

[root at test ~]# rpm -qa|grep yum
> yum-3.2.29-40.el6.centos.noarch
> yum-utils-1.1.30-14.el6.noarch
> yum-metadata-parser-1.1.2-16.el6.x86_64
> yum-plugin-fastestmirror-1.1.30-14.el6.noarch
> yum-plugin-security-1.1.30-14.el6.noarch
> [root at test ~]# which yum
> /usr/bin/yum

Thanks,

On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 11:00 AM, Tech Support <support at voipbusiness.us>wrote:

> It seems to me that yum is simply located somewhere else on that server.
> Try “which yum”.****
>
> Regards;****
>
> John****
>
> ** **