Nagios Plugin for IPTABLES Monitoring

Thilakraj.Shanmugam Thilakraj.Shanmugam at canberra.edu.au
Fri May 31 03:45:16 CEST 2013

Ran as nagios user and please find the details below.  ( iptables Stopped)

[nagios at server ~]$ /usr/bin/sudo /sbin/iptables -nvL | /bin/grep 'Chain' | /bin/awk '{ print $2 }'| /bin/grep Cid | /usr/bin/wc -l| echo $?
0
[nagios at server ~]$ /usr/bin/sudo /sbin/iptables -nvL
Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT 9089 packets, 3303K bytes)
 pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source               destination

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT 0 packets, 0 bytes)
 pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source               destination

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT 7812 packets, 3436K bytes)
 pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source               destination
[nagios at server ~]$