Nagios v3.5.0 transitioning immediately to a HARD state upon host problem

C. Bensend benny at bennyvision.com
Thu May 23 22:56:40 CEST 2013

> I ran into a similar problem, because my template set the service to "*
> is_volatile=1*".
>
> http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/3_0/volatileservices.html

Hrmmm.  Good point...

However, is_volatile does not appear in any of my configuration
files, for any of the Nagios servers.  It isn't set by default,
is it?  The Nagios "config.cgi" page doesn't even list it, and
livestatus (what I use to query my running daemon) doesn't give
it as a column it can query.  I can't imagine it's on by default
in v3.5.0, but I can't really tell if it is or not.

I can try explicitly *disabling* it in all hosts, but I can't
really test that at the moment - out of here for a long weekend
in a few minutes.  If it gets annoying enough over the weekend,
I might *have* to test that theory.

Thank you very much.  I will still appreciate any input others can
give on this question - it just doesn't seem to be behaving
as it's configured!

Benny

--
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere,
someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people