Check_MK Event Console +Syslog

Grifonas grifkon at gmail.com
Thu May 23 17:16:46 CEST 2013

Hi All,****

Has anyone had any success with setting up syslog forwarding to the
Check_MK event console?

I’ve already got relevant *snmptrapd* entries arrive to the check_mk server
local syslog, but I cannot get them to be forwarded to the event console.

I followed the instructions on the Check_MK documentation site (
http://mathias-kettner.de/checkmk_mkeventd_traps.html) but the connection
between the syslog and the event console doesn’t seem to be working at all.

Would be amazing to hear from someone who managed to get this to work!

Thanks a million!

Cheers,

Greg K.