check_openmanage on ESXi 5.0

CSantana at noz.fr CSantana at noz.fr
Thu May 16 15:59:46 CEST 2013

Hello,

I'm using nagios with the check_openmanage plugins to checks my ESX
servers running on Dell PowerEdge R710.

The plugin working fine whith my ESX on version 4.1 but my problem is that
I recently upgrade it on VMware ESXi 5.0.0 Update 2 and then
check_openmanage plugin return this error:
ERROR: (SNMP) OpenManage is not installed or is not working correctly

I install OpenManage 7.0.0 on my ESX 5.0 (I follow this steps):

Steps  to install OpenManage.
1.      Downloaded OpenManage VIB from Dell
http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/g_5/DriverDetails/DriverFileFormats?DriverId=N3R0H&FileId=2773322235
2.      Uploaded VIB to ESX host and placed in /var/log/vmware/
3.      SSH to host as root
4.      ran command esxcli software vib install -d
/var/log/vmware/OM-SrvAdmin-Dell-Web-6.5.0-542907.VIB-ESX50i_A02.zip
5.      After software install, I rebooted the host.

And nothing better... SNMP works and respond to standards OIDs, my check
is set with the correct SNMP community name.

I have no idea of where can be the problem...

Thanks if you have a solution for my problem.