FW: Nagios3 switch.cfg

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Thu May 16 09:53:24 CEST 2013

On 2013-05-15 23:25, Joel Roberts wrote:
> Typo in the email post, I do have host_name in the .cfg file, not host-name. Still returning error.

You also have "Define" instead of "define". Copy-typing is pretty much
frowned upon for reasons like that. While at it, you may want to make
sure you're not using windowsy line-endings. I know some versions of
Nagios complains about that, but since you haven't specified the exact
version of Nagios you're using it's impossible to say if that affects
you.

One thing strikes me as odd though; Nagios has never had an error
message that goes "Could not add property". Are you sure you're using
Nagios and not some bastard version of it? Or perhaps you just manually
copied it by re-typing the error message from memory. Please don't do
that. It takes longer for you and makes those who can answer your
questions doubt your competence.

Now; If you attach your switch_nagios2.cfg file, I'm sure we can solve
the issue quite quickly. If you insist on copy-typing and keep getting
things wrong, you'll be on your own.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se

on peace.