Nagios Plugin for IPTABLES Monitoring

Thilakraj.Shanmugam Thilakraj.Shanmugam at canberra.edu.au
Tue May 14 09:42:35 CEST 2013

Greetings!

Could someone send me nagios plugin which is tested and works well for monitoring IPTABLES in Linux.

I have tested below script but it is not returning correct output to nagios server.

If I execute script manually, it shows correct output...

But if I execute via  ./check_nrpe - H localhost -c check_iptables,  it shows wrong output.

Below is my plugin
------------------------------

#!/bin/bash
set -x

IPT='/sbin/iptables'
GREP='/bin/grep'
AWK='/bin/awk'
EXPR='/usr/bin/expr'
WC='/usr/bin/wc'
A='/usr/bin/sudo'

E_SUCCESS="0"
E_CRITICAL="2"
E_UNKNOWN="3"

CHAINS=`$A $IPT -nvL | $GREP 'Chain' | $AWK '{ print $2 }'| $GREP Cid | $WC -l`

                if [ $CHAINS -ne 0 ] ; then
                        echo "Firewall is running!"
                        exit ${E_SUCCESS}

                elif [ $CHAINS -eq 0 ] ; then