Trying to figure out the PCRE expression for Nagiosgraph Map

Percy Kwong psk at psk.net
Sat May 11 13:39:35 CEST 2013

OK.  So to make more sense of the whole thing, the only thing that is
taken into account is the actual numerical value?  In other words, it's
automatically parsed?  This is what I wasn't sure of.

Here is the entry in the mapfile I was using:

/output:PROCS.*:(\d+) processes with args 'apache'/
and push @s, ['apache',
                 ['connections', GAUGE, $1] ];

I guess the reason I'm having issues with this is the following snippet
from the nagiosgraph.log:

Fri May 10 12:57:51 2013 insert.pl warn output/perfdata not recognized:
hostname:mymachine
servicedesc:Apache Processes
output:PROCS OK: 11 processes with args apache
perfdata:

the problem is there is no perfdata and the rrd file isn't being
populated, (and obviously, no graph).  I'm attributing this to the fact
that the map file entry is wrong.  This is really where my problem
lies.  Am I looking in the wrong place?

Thanks.