Help with CPU Check Thresholds

Net Warrior netwarrior863 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 26 12:09:48 CET 2013

Hi guys.
I need some help with an issue I0m having, maybe I'm not configuring
the alert the right way and I'm getting CPU Load alarms when there is
no alarm.

This is how I configured the service, my aim is to get an alert when
the CPU load  ( uptime ) reaches 10% and a critical when there is a
20%

check_command                   check_nrpe!check_load!10,4,3!20,15,10
        flap_detection_enabled          0
        notifications_enabled           1
        notification_options            w,u,r,c
        notification_period             24x7
        check_period                    24x7
        check_interval                  1
        max_check_attempts              2
        first_notification_delay        0
        notification_interval           1
}

The problems is that I get WARN when the load is less than that:
WARNING - load average: 1.77, 1.94, 3.04
WARNING - load average: 2.11, 2.23, 3.45
WARNING - load average: 1.90, 3.59, 4.34
WARNING - load average: 5.65, 5.05, 4.86

Any help appreciated.
Thanks for