check_http --sni not working in nagios plugins 1.4.16

Justin Garrison jlgarrison at apu.edu
Thu Mar 21 19:16:23 CET 2013

I am running Nagios Core 3.2.3 on RHEL 5.6 and cannot get certificate
checking working for my SNI enabled web servers. Every time I check the
certificate it only returns the host certificate instead of the vhost
certificate.

Is there documentation that lists what is required on the Nagios host to
check SNI enabled web servers? All I found is that plugins >1.4.15 are
required.

An example command I am running to test from the server is

./check_http --sni --ssl -H url-of-service.com -C 14

As I said, this ALWAYS returns the host certificate and not the service
certificate. I can only think there must be a problem with something on my
Nagios server that is causing this to fail.

Thank you

--
Justin Garrison
Systems Administrator