can't access nagios.cmd from the interface

Tech Support support at voipbusiness.us
Tue Mar 19 00:00:03 CET 2013

What user is Apache running under?

From: Tim Dunphy [mailto:bluethundr at gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, March 18, 2013 6:17 PM
To: nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Nagios-users] can't access nagios.cmd from the interface

Hello,

 I'm running nagios 3.2 under centos 5.9 and I notice if I try to issue any
command such as rescheduling a check I see the message:

"Error: Could not open command file '/usr/local/nagios/var/rw/nagios.cmd'
for update!

The permissions on the external command file and/or directory may be
incorrect. Read the FAQs on how to setup proper permissions.

An error occurred while attempting to commit your command for processing.

Return from whence you came"

These are the permissions and ownership on this file:

prw-rw---- 1 nagios nagios 0 Mar 16 08:01
/usr/local/nagios/var/rw/nagios.cmd

Since this file gets recreated I tried applying the following commands:

[root at cloud:~] #chown nagios.nagios /usr/local/nagios/var/rw
[root at cloud:~] #chmod g+rwx /usr/local/nagios/var/rw
[root at cloud:~] #chmod g+s /usr/local/nagios/var/rw

This seems to have no effect. I notice if I try to reschedule the command
again I get the same error message telling me to 'return from whence I
came'.

The only thing I can do to make this temporarily work from the interface is
to change mode on that command file to world which is obviously not what you
want to do.

Can someone please point me in the right direction here as to where I may be
going wrong?

Thanks!
Tim

--