Nagios forward Check through Windows Machine

Michael Lopez matad8r at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 18:41:38 CET 2013

Hi Pall,
           Thanks for the advise but I'm unsure if this would be possible
as this windows machine will be the main hub for connecting to all the
VPN's and would not be able to utilize Linux as these are not VPN tunnels
but need to utilize the VPN Windows Software.

I would be using Linux but some of these VPN software are small companies
and never created compatible Linux software and it is impossible to connect
to these VPN without the required software. After hours and hours of trying
to connect with open source alternative there was no way.

Do you have any experience in proxing the commands through a windows
platform?

Sincerely,
Michael

On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 5:33 AM, Páll Guðjón Sigurðsson <palli at ok.is> wrote:

> Check out mod_gearman for this scenario.
>
> You man in the middle machine (which will be linux, not windows) makes an
> outbound connection to the nagios server and runs all checks that are meant
> for the far end hosts.

Michel Lopez
E-Mail: mlopez at mlopez.ca
Mobile: 647-290-1214