Nagios forward Check through Windows Machine

Michael Lopez matad8r at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 17:22:01 CET 2013

Hi All,
         I am currently monitoring hundreds of hosts and I have a couple of
hosts which are behind VPN's and the VPN clients are only Windows
Compatible and to be able to check certain services.

This is my ideal scenario

NAGIOS (UNIX) ---->    Windows Machine (Connected to VPN through X client)
-----> Far End Host (Windows Machine)

I want to be able to for example check RDP, PING, SNMP etc.. on the "Far
End Host" and currently unable to connect to the VPN as per client
restrictions and was wondering how other members have overcome this
obstacle.

I was possibly thinking of setting up a Proxy but it would be great to find
out more on working solutions.

Thanks again.