Nagios openmanage ERROR: XML transformation failed

Trond Hasle Amundsen t.h.amundsen at usit.uio.no
Wed Jun 19 21:10:24 CEST 2013

"Lorenz, Stephan" <Stephan.Lorenz at medizin.uni-leipzig.de> writes:

> since installing libxml2, libxml2-devel and curl, the Nagios installation on
> our Dell R720xd server reports XML errors.
>

> Problem running 'omreport storage controller': Error! XML Transformation failed
> failed<br/>Problem running 'omreport chassis fans': Error! XML Transformation
> failed<br/>Problem running 'omreport chassis pwrsupplies': Error! XML
> Transformation failed<br/>Problem running 'omreport chassis temps': Error! XML
> Transformation failed<br/>Problem running 'omreport chassis processors': Error!
> XML Transformation failed<br/>Problem running 'omreport chassis volts': Error!
> XML Transformation failed<br/>Problem running 'omreport chassis batteries':
> Error! XML Transformation failed<br/>Problem running 'omreport chassis
> pwrmonitoring': Error! XML Transformation failed<br/>Problem running 'omreport
> chassis intrusion': Error! XML Transformation failed<br/>Problem running
> 'omreport chassis removableflashmedia': Error! XML Transformation failed<br/>
> Chassis Service Tag is bogus: 'N/A'
>

> I am using Nagios 3.5.1, check_openmanage 3.7.9, Openmanage 7.2.0 on Centos 6.4
> 2.6.32-358.11.1.el6.centos.plus.x86_64.
>

> When I run check_openmanage or omreport manually everything is fine. I tried to
> reinstall nagios-plugins-openmanage and php-xml for a start, but that did not
> help. I cannot remove libxml2 and the rest since it is needed elsewhere.
>

> Does anyone have a suggestion of how to fix this error?

Given that it works when you run the commands manually I'm suspecting
some sort of permission issue. Try running the commands as the NRPE
user, and also try running it from Nagios with SELinux in permissive
mode (needs to be run by the NRPE daemon with the correct SELinux
domain).

Check out this link about using check_openmanage with SELinux in
enforcing mode:

  http://folk.uio.no/trondham/software/check_openmanage.html#selinux-considerations

Regards,
--
Trond H. Amundsen <t.h.amundsen at usit.uio.no>
Center for Information Technology Services, University of Oslo