Return code of 127 is out of bounds - plugin may be missing

William Leibzon william at leibzon.org
Tue Jun 11 00:02:51 CEST 2013

That is not quite the same though. Nagios user gets home environment
setup from .bash_profile (or similar) from user's home directory as
well as correct path to .ssh in nagios user's home directory. Nagios
starts as root and does setuid to nagios user but does not get same
path set.

I too recommend you use "-v" option to find what is going on. Also try
specifying exact path to key with -i (and those are best set in a
specific directory with key name coming from host macro variable)