rpmbuild nagios-3.5.0

frank ratty at they.org
Wed Jul 24 18:55:19 CEST 2013

Just speaking for myself here, in my experience distro-level packaging
usually isn't part of a project's goals and can be an extreme distraction
considering the vast number of distros out there, all with their own
little quirks. Spec files and other contrib items work their way into
source trees and are useful until the 3rd party API changes and the
original maintainers lose interest. I'd look into the checkin history of
the spec file to see if anyone has been making regular updates. Or even
easier, go get the SRPM from EPEL, which is known to work, and alter it as
you see fit for your purposes.

-f