Plugin for dmesg/kernel messages

William Leibzon william at leibzon.org
Mon Jul 15 22:22:38 CEST 2013

Just use one of the log checking plugins.

Nagios is not super great for issues that are reported one-time, like
log messages or SNMP traps. We really need to discuss how to better
handle this in general better. Many of course just use other type of
monitoring utilities like splunk for that in addition to nagios so
perhaps good splunk->nagios integration? but I've not seen that either
(maybe just dont know)