Nagios not sending mails when two contactgroup is in contact.cfg

Sunil Sankar sunil at sunil.cc
Wed Jul 10 05:45:19 CEST 2013

I find the way you have stuctured may be wrong why dont you try it like
this (This is how I have done in my environment and it works)
define contactgroup{
        contactgroup_name               admins
        alias                           Network Admins
}

define contactgroup{
        contactgroup_name               analysts
        alias                           System Analysts
}

define contact {
        contact_name                    Henrique
        use                             generic-contact
        alias                           Henrique Mac
        contactgroups                      admins
        email                           henrique at domain.com.br
}

define contact {
        contact_name                    Marcio
        use                             generic-contact
        alias                           Marcio Fra
        contactgroups                       admins
        email                           marcio at domain.com.br
}

# Analists
define contact {
        contact_name               Valter
        use                             generic-contact
        alias                           Valter Kn
        contactgroups                     analysts
        email                           valter at domain.com.br
}
define contact {
        contact_name                    Otavio
        use                             generic-contact
        alias                           Otavio Ba
        contactgroups                    analysts
        email                           otavio at domain.com.br
}

Please let me know if this works

Regards
Sunil

On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 12:26 AM, Henrique Machado <henri.mjr at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello, i'm stucked in a problem. When i define more than one contactgroup
> nagios dont send mails (i tail in sendmail logs)
>
> This doesnt work:
>
> # Infrastructure
> define contact {
>         contact_name                    Henrique
>         use                             generic-contact
>         alias                           Henrique Mac
>         email                           henrique at domain.com.br
> }
>
> define contact {
>         contact_name                    Marcio
>         use                             generic-contact
>         alias                           Marcio Fra
>         email                           marcio at domain.com.br
> }
>
> # Analists
> define contact {
>         contact_name               Valter
>         use                             generic-contact
>         alias                           Valter Kn
>         email                           valter at domain.com.br
> }
> define contact {
>         contact_name                    Otavio
>         use                             generic-contact
>         alias                           Otavio Ba
>         email                           otavio at domain.com.br
> }
>

> define contactgroup{
>         contactgroup_name               admins
>         alias                           Network Admins
>         members                         Henrique, Marcio
> }
>

> define contactgroup{
>         contactgroup_name               analysts
>         alias                           System Analysts
>         members                         Valter, Otavio
> }
>

> This Work:
>
> define contact{
>         contact_name                    xadmins                 ; Short
> name of user
>         use                             generic-contact         ; Inherit
> default values from generic-contact template (defined above)
>         alias                           Nagios Admin            ; Full
> name of user
>         email                           sysop at domain.com.br   ; <<*****
> CHANGE THIS TO YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS ******
>         }
>
> define contactgroup{
>         contactgroup_name               admins
>         alias                           admins
>         members                         xadmins
> }
>

> This is my Service:
>
> define service{
>   use                 generic-service
>   host_name           ems206
>   service_description RPW Producao
>   contact_groups      admins, analysts
>   check_command       check_nrpe!check_rpw_producao
> }
>

> Any idea?
>

> Att,
>
> Henrique Machado