Disabling a host from all checks

Alex mysqlstudent at gmail.com
Tue Jul 2 17:47:48 CEST 2013

Hi,

> I recently had to do the same on one of my Nagios systems (v3.5.0 on a
> Centos 6.4 host).  From the Nagios Admin web page (xx.xx.xx.xx/nagios),
> select Hosts, select the host that was removed.  On the right side of the
> page is a list of Host Commands where you can 'Disable active checks of this
> host' and 'Disable notifications for this host'.  The same can be performed
> for services and checks, but I am not sure if they are needed once you
> disable active checks.  I didn't go that far when I removed the host.

Thanks for the info. I've done this, but the host and all services
were still being reported as down. This was particularly evident in
the firefox nagios monitor plugin, so the host is still reported being
available for status by nagios.

It was indeed necessary for me to remove the configuration for this
host, including my escalations, services, and hosts file.

Had I stopped monitoring it before the host went down, none of that
would have been necessary, but there was no way to bring it back up.

Thanks,
Alex