Disabling a host from all checks

tnelsonp at comcast.net tnelsonp at comcast.net
Mon Jul 1 06:08:22 CEST 2013

Alex,

I recently had to do the same on one of my Nagios systems (v3.5.0 on a Centos 6.4 host). From the Nagios Admin web page (xx.xx.xx.xx/nagios), select Hosts, select the host that was removed. On the right side of the page is a list of Host Commands where you can 'Disable active checks of this host' and 'Disable notifications for this host'. The same can be performed for services and checks, but I am not sure if they are needed once you disable active checks. I didn't go that far when I removed the host.

Regards