after upgrading 3.2.3 to 3.4.4, openid users no longer able to see Host or Service status detail

Tom Hodder tom at limepepper.co.uk
Mon Jan 14 03:58:14 CET 2013

Hi,

Since upgrading, my authenticated openid users can no longer see Host
or Service status details;

"It appears as though you do not have permission to view information
for any of the services you requested..."

I am running similar configuration options as previously, cgi
authentication is on;

use_authentication=1
authorized_for_system_information=*
authorized_for_configuration_information=*
authorized_for_system_commands=*
authorized_for_all_services=*
authorized_for_all_hosts=*
authorized_for_all_service_commands=*
authorized_for_all_host_commands=*

I've  manually killed the old processes to check for hangers-on, and
these users are explicitly listed as "contact" objects in contacts.cfg
like so;

define contact {
  use          default-contact
  contact_name https://www.google.com/accounts/o8/id?id=AItOawnTVy0slAaQLXPai61aW4hU9UL2jwdmyxX

}

The users show as logged in in the portal;

"Current Network Status
Last Updated: Sun Jan 13 18:55:06 PST 2013
Updated every 90 seconds
Nagios® Core™ 3.4.4 - www.nagios.org
Logged in as https://www.google.com/accounts/o8/id?id=AItOawnTVy0slAaQLXPai61aW4hU9Ul2jwdmyxU"

and seem to have access to the other configurable levels such as
system_information, and configuration_information

Any suggestions?

Cheers,
Tom

ps. so the log file is not very informative, and the cgi do not seem
to be logged to nagios.log (thought they are logged in httpd.log)