check_http --ssl --sni returning host certificate

Justin Garrison jlgarrison at apu.edu
Fri Jan 11 19:05:27 CET 2013

I am running red hat 5.6 with nagios core 3.2.3 and plugins 1.4.16

When I run the command
check_http --sni --ssl -H apache-vhost.com -f follow -C 8
I get the apache host certificate instead of the vhost certificate

The server is on apache 2.2.15 with sni enabled. The proper certificate
works inside a browser but no matter which vhost I use to test they always
return the host certificate information.

Is there something else that needs to be configured in nagios or on the
apache server to verify individual vhost certificates?

Thank you

--
Justin Garrison
Systems Administrator