Nagios not working except for local host

Frost, Mark {BIS} mark.frost1 at pepsico.com
Tue Jan 8 15:12:41 CET 2013

Martin,

Remember that the UI shows you hosts and services based on the user you're logged into the UI as (or the user that apache thinks you are and then passes that on to the Nagios CGIs).   The hosts/services shown to a userid in the UI are based on either what Nagios thinks that user is a contact for (i.e. that id is a contact for a given host or service therefore you see it in the UI) or based on what settings you have for that user in your cgi.cfg file.

So if you're logged in as "martin" in the UI and "martin" doesn't match a contact in Nagios, then you would want to change your cgi.cfg to give "martin" permissions to say view all hosts, etc.

Mark