Mass delete of host/service downtimes.

Páll Guðjón Sigurðsson palli at ok.is
Wed Feb 20 09:22:58 CET 2013

If you have pynag installed this script might help you along. It will clear all downtimes unless you uncomment some of the filters:

#!/usr/bin/python

import pynag.Parsers
import pynag.Control.Command

livestatus = pynag.Parsers.mk_livestatus()

downtimes = livestatus.query('GET downtimes')

for downtime in downtimes:
        # Only remove downtime for a specific host
        #if downtime['host_name'] != 'nagios.example.com': continue

        # Only remove downtimes if check belongs to a specific hostgroup
        #if 'my_hostgroup' not in downtime['hostgroups']: continue

        host_name = downtime['host_name']
        service_description = downtime['service_description']
        downtime_id = downtime['id']
        downtime_type = downtime['type']
        print "Removing downtime for: %-30s %s" % ( host_name, service_description )
        if downtime_type == 1:
                # This is a service downtime
                pynag.Control.Command.del_svc_downtime(downtime_id)
        elif downtime_type == 0:
                pynag.Control.Command.del_host_downtime(downtime_id)

Also if you have a recent version of adagios installed you can do more easily via web interface.

Kind regards,
Pall Sigurdsson