RRD checking for high and low values

Daniel Bareiro daniel-listas at gmx.net
Mon Feb 11 12:32:45 CET 2013

Hi all!

I was looking for plugins to check the values of RRD databases and found
these in Nagios Exchange:

http://exchange.nagios.org/directory/Plugins/Databases/RRD

Unfortunately none of them seems to be established whether the
thresholds are higher or lower. This would be useful if we monitor the
values of a UPS, for example. I mean something like the options provided
by check_lm_sensors:

  -l, --low       specifies a check for a sensor value which is too low.
                  Example:
                    --low fan1=2000,1000
                  will give a warning if the value of the fan1 sensor drops
                  below 2000 RPMs and a critical status if it drops below
                  1000 RPMs

  -h, --high      specifies a check for a sensor value which is too high.
                  Example:
                    --high temp1=50,60
                  will give a warning if the value of the temp1 sensor reaches
                  50 degrees and a critical status if it reaches 60 degrees

Is there a plugin for RRD having this flexibility?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Regards,
Daniel
--
Daniel Bareiro - System Administrator
Fingerprint: BFB3 08D6 B4D1 31B2 72B9  29CE 6696 BF1B 14E6 1D37