Nagios check latency

Muhamad Faiz Muhamad.Faiz at Asia.Xchanging.com
Wed Aug 21 04:42:50 CEST 2013

Hi Jim Avery,

I do a lot of configuration recently so starting and stopping was done quite a lot as well.

I guess two Nagios instance was running.

Regards,

Faiz

From: Jim Avery [mailto:jim at jimavery.me.uk]
Sent: Tuesday, August 13, 2013 9:14 PM
To: nagios List
Subject: Re: [Nagios-users] Nagios check latency

On 13 Aug 2013 05:22, "Muhamad Faiz" <Muhamad.Faiz at asia.xchanging.com<mailto:Muhamad.Faiz at asia.xchanging.com>> wrote:
> My Nagios setup are having high service check latency.
>

> Check nagios latency result is 240 seconds!
> Any advice will be much appreciated.

If you haven't stopped / started the nagios daemon lately, then do that ("/etc/init.d/nagios stop"  then  "/etc/init.d/nagios start" ,  NOT "/etc/init.d/nagios reload").  I find that after a couple of weeks the service check latency starts creeping up, and stopping/starting the nagios daemon sorts it.

I hope that helps.

Jim
"CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message and any attachment are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail you may not copy, forward, disclose or otherwise use it or any part of it in any form whatsoever. If you are not the intended recipient please telephone or e-mail the sender and delete this message and any attachment from your system."