check_Openmanage trouble

Trond Hasle Amundsen t.h.amundsen at usit.uio.no
Thu Aug 15 21:09:59 CEST 2013

"Weberskirch, Timo" <timo.weberskirch at offlimits-it.com> writes:

> the check_openmanage –no-storage options works (surely without any physical disk… :( ).
>
> I was on the phone with the Dell Pro Support. They told me that the MD3xxxx only schows the raid disk Information (not the physical
> disk informations) to external devices.
>
> Also they told me that there is no way to filter out the SAS-Card in OMSA.
>
> I have to live with „—no-storage“ option…

Hmm.. Ok, so this particular server doesn't have any storage other than
the SAS card (connected to the MD3xxx), which OMSA can't manage? If so,
that is exactly what the '--no-storage' option is for :)

You should use the '--no-storage' option if

  1. The server has no storage, which is entirely possible; or
  2. The only storage present is something that OMSA doesn't recognize

Regards,
--
Trond H. Amundsen <t.h.amundsen at usit.uio.no>
Center for Information Technology Services, University of Oslo