Help With Nagios & WMI

Nathan nathan4linux at gmail.com
Tue Aug 13 03:39:04 CEST 2013

I've got my install of Nagios setup with the check_wmi_plus.pl script.  I can successfully call the script with manually entered parameters just fine and query whatever I need to via WMI but I am having trouble getting that to translate into anything in Nagios.

For example, I have the following defined as a command:

define command{
command_name check_win_disk
command_line $USER6$/check_wmi_plus.pl -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -m checkdrivesize -u $USER8$ -p $USER9$ -a $ARG1$ -w $ARG2$ -c $ARG3$ $ARG4$ $ARG5$
}

and the following as a service:

define service{
        use                     windows_service
        service_description     Disk Space
        host_name               host-name-here
        check_command check_win_disk!.!75%
}

And that works as I expect.  It reports the used/free space of all the local disks with a warning at 75%.  However anything I do try to add a critical wanting at 85% results in Nagios throwing an error the next time the service tries to query the disk space (NOT an error when Nagios tries to read the config file).

Any ideas?  Thanks!

Nathan