ESXi/vCenter Monitoring

Jim Avery jim at jimavery.me.uk
Mon Aug 12 21:26:05 CEST 2013

On 12 Aug 2013 16:50, "Daniel Ceola" <Daniel.Ceola at occfiber.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
>

> I have a lot of host servers as VM’s on our ESXi infrastructure, managed
with vCenter.  We also use vSphere DRS to help keep the load on host
systems balanced.  Due to the DRS, our VM’s can sometimes move around from
being on one host to being on another w/o my knowledge beforehand.  Does
anyone know if there is any sort of plugin available for Nagios Core that
would basically talk to my vCenter system and find out what VM’s are on
which hosts, and automatically update that VM’s Parent directive in the
host definition?

I specify all of the host servers as parents of the VM.  I reckon that
makes perfect sense, and it's dead easy to implement.