Disk Usage Report

Parish, Brent bparish at cognex.com
Thu Apr 4 15:51:14 CEST 2013

Hi.

I'm guessing that some others on the list will weigh in with some better options for you, but if you'd like to have a look at what I use, I've posted it on Nagios Exchange (http://exchange.nagios.org/directory/Plugins/System-Metrics/File-System/check_disk_snmp/details).

I ended up writing my own (in Perl) to get some of the extra features.  One of those features is an attempt to give you more information about the disk (e.g. what the threshold for alerting is set at, the percent full as well as how much is left:

DISK CRITICAL - [Threshold=95%, 96% full,14.1gb free on /snapshot] [Threshold=95%, 96% full,10.0gb free on /photos]

The rest of the features are detailed on that page.

Hope it helps,
Brent