Good reporting tool?

John Alberts John.Alberts at exlibrisgroup.com
Thu Sep 20 00:13:25 CEST 2012

Hi.  I'm looking for a good reporting tool based on Nagios log files.  I've found some Perl scripts that do some basic reporting, but our company would really be interested in anything, including a commercial product, that would meet our needs.  The problem with all reporting tools I've found so far, is that they don't allow any manipulation of the data.  For example, we often have a false alert for various reasons, that should not be counted against an SLA, so we would like to be able to mark a particular Critical event to be ignored or even deleted all together so it doesn't count against the total OK time.  Also, sometimes there's needs to inject a downtime that Nagios may not have even registered as a Critical event so it does count against the SLA for a particular service.  For example, if the internet connection was down to the data center, essentially all of our customers are down, but since Nagios is inside our data center, it sees everything as up.  There are other reasons that I would need to adjust the data before reporting, but these are just two of the more common examples.
Does anyone know of anything that might fit this need?

Thanks
John