nagios phone call alerts

Tech Support support at voipbusiness.us
Mon Sep 10 16:41:27 CEST 2012

Hello;
    We do Asterisk integration here, that's all we do. What you want to do
is very, very simple with Asterisk. The easiest way to originate a phone
call and play a pre-recorded message would be to create a small ".call" file
containing the phone number, the name of the wav file (remember that for
telephony applications, the wav file must be 8Khz, 16 bit mono or all you
will hear is silence), and the dial plan context that Asterisk should jump
to once the call is answered. You will also need to make sure that the file
permissions on the call file are correct. Make the call file the same
owner/group as the directory /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing. Take the file and
drop it into the outgoing directory and you should be good to go. If you
have any questions, here is a good resource:
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+auto-dial+out
Regards;
John