Plugin check_oracle_health

Cosmin Neagu cosmin.neagu at omnilogic.ro
Tue Oct 23 15:59:56 CEST 2012

Hi all,

I manage to install the oracle client on nagios machine after all
(google is the best) and making all the necesary setting so that
check_oracle_health is working from command line as nagios user:

nagios at monitor:/usr/local/nagios/libexec$ ./check_oracle_health
--connect IGAS --username abc --password abc --mode=tnsping
Use of qw(...) as parentheses is deprecated at ./check_oracle_health
line 4163.
Use of qw(...) as parentheses is deprecated at ./check_oracle_health
line 6167.
OK - connection established to IGAS.
nagios at monitor:/usr/local/nagios/libexec$ ./check_oracle_health
--connect IGAS --username abc --password abc --mode=connection-time
Use of qw(...) as parentheses is deprecated at ./check_oracle_health
line 4163.
Use of qw(...) as parentheses is deprecated at ./check_oracle_health
line 6167.
OK - 0.10 seconds to connect as iapc_etl | connection_time=0.0968;1;5
nagios at monitor:/usr/local/nagios/libexec$ ./check_oracle_health
--connect IGAS --username abc --password abc --mode=connected-users
Use of qw(...) as parentheses is deprecated at ./check_oracle_health
line 4163.
Use of qw(...) as parentheses is deprecated at ./check_oracle_health
line 6167.
OK - 31 connected users | connected_users=31;50;100

The command is defined like this:
define command{
         command_name check_oracle_health
         command_line $USER1$/check_oracle_health $ARG1$
}

And the services:
define service {
         use                     generic-service
         host_name               DBIGASDS
         service_description     Reachability via tnsping
         check_command           check_oracle_health! --connect IGAS
--username abc --password abc --mode=tnsping
         contacts                cosmin
}

define service {
         use                     generic-service
         host_name               DBIGASDS
         service_description     Connection time to DB
         check_command           check_oracle_health!--connect IGAS
--username abc --password abc mode=connection-time
         contacts                cosmin
}
define service {
         use                     generic-service
         host_name               DBIGASDS
         service_description     Connected users to DB
         check_command           check_oracle_health!--connect IGAS
--username abc --password abc mode=connected-users
         contacts                cosmin

I also set in .bashrc the enviroment variables:
export ORACLE_HOME=/usr/lib/oracle/11.2/client
export PATH=$PATH:$ORACLE_HOME/bin
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$ORACLE_HOME/lib

But, in Nagios 3.4.1, i do not receive the corect status for those services:
For all 3 services i receive:
CRITICAL - cannot connect to IGAS. install_driver(Oracle) failed: Can't
locate DBD/Oracle.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/local/nagios/libexec
/etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.14.2 /usr/local/share/perl/5.14.2
/usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.14 /usr/share/perl/5.14
/usr/local/lib/site_perl .) at (eval 13) line 3.

I realy don't know what to check anymore and why does it say that, so
any help would be apreciated.

     More info:
nagios at monitor:/usr/local/nagios/libexec$ ./check_oracle_health -V
check_oracle_health (1.7.3)
nagios at monitor:/usr/local/nagios/etc$ uname -a
Linux monitor 3.2.0-29-generic-pae #46-Ubuntu SMP Fri Jul 27 17:25:43
UTC 2012 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
nagios at monitor:/usr/local/nagios/etc$ lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Release:        12.04
Codename:       precise