Force host assume up when services are up

Jakob Curdes jc at info-systems.de
Mon Oct 22 14:34:39 CEST 2012

Am 22.10.2012 14:08, schrieb Leonardo Bacha Abrantes:
> Hello guys,
>
> I have machines that icmp is blocked, so, nagios show the host is down
> and the services are up.
> I know that I can configure another plugin like check_http instead of
> check_host_alive (ping), however the problem is that if apache gong
> down nagios will show that the host also is down, and it will not correct.

Well ich ICMP is blocked, the only thing that you can do is check a
certain service and use that result as "host up" information.

You could write a check using NMAP and use the reult of that, but for a
host with only 1 service running it will be very difficult to decide
whether the host or the service is down without using icmp (or having
the host send ist own check results via NSCA)

HTH,
Jakob Curdes