Monitoring a host behind VPN/Firewall

Gilberto Ferreira gilberto.nunes at selbetti.com.br
Mon Oct 22 14:51:06 CEST 2012

Hi

I will check out freshness option....

Thanks a lot

Gilberto Nunes Ferreira

----- Mensagem original -----

De: "Mark Elsen" <mark.elsen at gmail.com>
Para: "Nagios Users List" <nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net>
Enviadas: Segunda-feira, 22 de Outubro de 2012 10:00:27
Assunto: Re: [Nagios-users] Monitoring a host behind VPN/Firewall

Hi folks..

I'm trouble here...
We have a thousand host behind VPN/Firewall.
For now, we use NC_NET to collect WMI data from server, and send this datas to Nagios server, throught NSCA.
We do it in passive mode...
What happen here is that, even host came down, I still see the status ok for services on Nagios panel...
I'm use FAN, Fully Automatic Nagios here... Using Centreon to configure hosts and services...

Nobody, will gracefully except a few $ for a pint this evening ;

If you use passive mode to acquire WMI data, you must sufficiently debate your freshness
settings for the passive service defined, and or in this case negate wether you will, per default, go into
a fault mode ,when nothing is received and the freshness timer is expired.

Otherwise you get in the situation, you describe.

M.