Force host assume up when services are up

Leonardo Bacha Abrantes leonardo at lbasolutions.com
Mon Oct 22 14:08:19 CEST 2012

Hello guys,

I have machines that icmp is blocked, so, nagios show the host is down and
the services are up.
I know that I can configure another plugin like check_http instead of
check_host_alive (ping), however the problem is that if apache gong down
nagios will show that the host also is down, and it will not correct.

check dummy will show the result that I specify, so, image the machine
going down. Nagios will keep showing the host is up for example.