No response from check_snmp (Plugins version 1.4.16)

Jatin daveyjatin at gmail.com
Sat Oct 20 12:11:43 CEST 2012

Hi

I follwed the quick installation guide to install Nagios and then
installed the plugins with the link for the steps.

I installed everything and got the UI for both Nagios and PNP4Nagios.
Installed the check_mysql_health plugin as well and started monitoring
for about 23 services. All the graphs for it are showing up correctly as
well.

Started with check_snmp plugin to test for connectivity to a remote host
using snmp but i dont get any response. when i use snmpget it works
fine. But there is just no response from the check_snmp plugin.

I am using plugins 1.4.16 with nagios server 3.4.1.

Version of net-snmp installed is : 5.4.3

Please help me out in this regard.

Thanks
Jatin