Host exclusion fail more 4 hosts

Leonardo Bacha Abrantes leonardo at lbasolutions.com
Wed Oct 17 21:38:31 CEST 2012

Hey people,

I created an group called Routers and I inserted my routers on.
I don't want to check uptime of five routers, so, I created the exclusion
as: host_name  !R1,!R2,!R3,!R4,!R5.

The problem is: *nagios only work up to four host*, because when I add more
one host, I received the error below:

Error: Could not expand hostgroups and/or hosts specified in service
(config file '/etc/nagios/objects/router.cfg', starting on line 13)
   Error processing object config files!*

*if I remove just one host, it worked. I didn't find anything on manual
about limitations.*
*

define service{
       * hostgroup_name                 Routers*
        service_description             Uptime
        max_check_attempts          5
        normal_check_interval         10
        retry_check_interval            3
        contact_groups                  G-Prod
        check_command                   check_snmp!-C Mycommunity -o
sysUpTime.0
        notifications_enabled           0
*    host_name                       !R1,!R2,!R3,!R4,!R5*
        }

Can someone help me please ?

many thanks!