Cached results - No route to host

Ollie Campbell Ollie.Campbell at bbh.co.uk
Wed Oct 17 10:30:54 CEST 2012

Hello,

We have a Nagios v3.3.1 installation running on Fedora. Yesterday we had a
power outage which caused Nagios to forcibly power off. It was back up
within a few hours but has not been reporting back correctly.

95% of checks on all hosts are fine, but some checks are complaining about
'no route to host'. If I force a rescheduled check on the services that are
complaining everything goes back to being 'OK' once again.

I've tried restarting Nagios, clearing the objects.cache. I can of course
do this for all the problematic checks but want to know if there is a
quicker way or if this is a bug.

I've attached an example of what I mean.

[image: Inline images 1]

--

This transmission is from BBH Partners LLP, it is confidential and intended
solely for the person or organisation to whom it is addressed. This

Partnership Information:
Registered name: BBH Partners LLP
Registered office: 60 Kingly Street London W1B 5DS
Place of registration: England and Wales
Registered number: OC355051

Although all messages/file attachments passing through this gateway are
scanned for viruses we cannot guarantee that any file is 100% virus-free.