check_command value when command contains quotes

Aldo Rivadeneira aldo.rivadeneira at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 18:47:09 CEST 2012

On Sat, Oct 13, 2012 at 10:26 AM, Abhijeet R <abhijeet.1989 at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When I executed
> sudo -u nagios /usr/lib64/nagios/plugins/check_by_ssh.sh hostname
> "check_haproxy -u \"http://localhost:10000/haproxy?stats\;csv\""
>
> from terminal of the nagios server box, I get no errors. But, on nagios,
> it said like
>
> "Return code of 127 is out of bounds – plugin may be missing".
>
> In my host /etc/nagios/objects/services/haproxy.cfg file, check_command
> said something like:
>
> check_haproxy -u \"http://localhost:10000/haproxy?stats\;csv\"
>
> So, what am I missing?
>
> --
> Cheers,
> Abhijeet R
> http://blog.abhijeetr.com

> reporting any issue.

hi!

Im going to  guess your configuration , in a better way to do this or what
do i do is the following:

i have my plugins under /usr/lib64/nagios/plugins

I create a command in /etc/nagios/objects/commands.cfg with the following
schema:

define command{
        command_name    some_command_name
        command_line   /bin/bash /usr/lib64/nagios/plugins/check_something
-H "ARGUMENT"
        }

So , with this template created i need to add this command to my services
with this format :

define service{
        use                                             some_name_service
        host_name                                       HOSTNAME
        service_description                            SOME_DESCRIPTION
        check_command                                   some_command_name
#this is the name of the definition of the command template
        }

GL!
--
Aldo Rivadeneira Reyna