Two PHP projects

Mike Guthrie mguthrie at nagios.com
Mon Oct 15 16:31:47 CEST 2012

On 10/13/2012 8:41 PM, Esteban Monge wrote:
> Hello:
>
> I am working in two php projects for Nagios.
>
> The first is a Dashboard for see all critical and warning acknowledge or
> not problems.
>
> Can check one image here:
> http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=205ti7k&s=6
>
> The other project is a Service Tree, similar to Service Status but with a
> tree.
>
> Can check one image here:
> http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=11rxkpi&s=6
>
> I want learn more about internationalization and Nagios standards,
> performance, the idea is free the projects for your pleasure!!!
There are quite a few front-end projects already that might have some ideas.
http://exchange.nagios.org/directory/Addons/Frontends-%28GUIs-and-CLIs%29/Web-Interfaces

For internationalization, I'd look into gettext(). It's probably the
easiest to implement for internationalization.

For performance, if you're already using livestatus to fetch the data
that will take care of most of the performance issues, the rest are
simply a matter of coding efficiently. Don't loop through the status
data more than once, don't process anything more than what you
absolutely have to display on the page, etc.

> I use Livestatus Slave (1) for work with them. I have two conditions:
> -Pure PHP
> -Pure CSS
>
> No javascript.
> I need learn also about git or version systems for upload the projects.
>
> Thanks for you attention.
>
> (1) http://nagios.larsmichelsen.com/livestatusslave/

Mike Guthrie
Technical Team