Timestamp and ps status

grant lowe glowe11 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 22:36:56 CEST 2012

I'm kind of new to nagios. I really like it so far. It does a lot of
good checks.

Is there a tool that checks for a running process and also checks the
timestamp on the log file the process is writing to? Specifically I
would like it so that the nagios check only returns OK if the process
is running AND the log file is say, no more than 10 minutes old.

I've been googling and I've seen tools that do one or the other but
not both. Any help is appreciated!