Nagios plugin check_ftp default threshold limits

Giorgio Zarrelli zarrelli at linux.it
Thu Nov 29 12:29:30 CET 2012

Hi,

I never used this plugin but perusing through the code I see:

	/* perf-data doesn't apply when server doesn't talk properly,
	 * so print all zeroes on warn and crit. Use fperfdata since
	 * localisation settings can make different outputs */
	if(match == FALSE)
		printf ("|%s",
				fperfdata ("time", elapsed_time, "s",
				(flags & FLAG_TIME_WARN ? TRUE : FALSE), 0,
				(flags & FLAG_TIME_CRIT ? TRUE : FALSE), 0,
				TRUE, 0,
				TRUE, socket_timeout)
			);
	else
		printf("|%s",
				fperfdata ("time", elapsed_time, "s",
				(flags & FLAG_TIME_WARN ? TRUE : FALSE), warning_time,
				(flags & FLAG_TIME_CRIT ? TRUE : FALSE), critical_time,
				TRUE, 0,
				TRUE, socket_timeout)
			);

	putchar('\n');
	return result;
}

So I suppose it depends on how long it takes or you consider acceptable to
receive an answer from the daemon.

Giorgio

<quota chi="Joerg Linge">