Check_http status 503 gives 200 OK

Claudio Kuenzler ck at claudiokuenzler.com
Thu Nov 22 13:11:25 CET 2012

Jaap, if you'd use check_http correctly, as the others mentioned, it would
work.
It just happens that https://latitude.google.com shows a 503 error right
this moment and for curiosity's sake I tested it:

# ./check_http -H latitude.google.com -S
HTTP CRITICAL: HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable - 1119 bytes in 0.071
second response time |time=0.070649s;;;0.000000 size=1119B;;;0

As you see, it works as it should if used correctly.