how to use logged-in (Apache) user in plugins?

Páll Guðjón Sigurðsson palli at ok.is
Tue Nov 20 11:15:03 CET 2012

Pepe,

Nagios design does not allow for this. Plugins are executed without any user being logged in the web interface so a plugin has no idea which user is going to look at the results later on.

What you can do instead is define multiple service checks, with "secretary" only having access to some of them. while the other "more advanced" ones are viewable to nagios admins.

Maybe what you are really looking for is http://exchange.nagios.org/directory/Addons/Components/Nagios-Business-Process-Intelligence-(BPI)/details

Which allows you to take a lot of service checks and group them together in higher level view. i.e.
* "Webservices are up"
* "Databases are down"

Kind Regards,
Pall Sigurdsson