Problem with Windows Cluster Monitoring

Mohandas K mohandas.k at tcs.com
Mon Nov 19 08:59:53 CET 2012

Hi Users,

We have configured two Microsoft 2008 R2 servers in cluster. I am trying
to monitor the cluster status through Nagios.

In order to achieve the same, I have written a Windows batch script. This
batch script will first execute "cluster.exe" command with necessary
switches and stores the output in a file.
Then depending on the file contents I display Critical and Ok status.

I am able to execute this script locally on Windows, But when I am trying
to run it from Nagios using NRPE, I get an error saying
"C:\Windows\System32\cluster.exe' is not recognized as an internal or
external command".
I am still unable to find out the reason for this error.

Please help me out in resolving this problem.

Nagios Version : 3.0.5
NRPE Version : 1.9
OS : Unix Solaris-10

Regards,