Host Group Hierarchy In Web CGI?

Will Bashlor wbashlor at atcnetworks.net
Tue Nov 6 03:39:39 CET 2012

Thanks Esteban,

That is exactly what I want to do, except I want the hierarchy to be on
the Host Group Summary page the same way as the map. I need it to show
groups in groups and not all groups on the same page.

So in your example below I only want the "City Group" group to show on
the Host Group Summary page in the Nagios cgi website.

Surely there has to be a way to nest groups like this for the web cgi,
otherwise it doesn't seem Nagios would scale well for thousands of
hosts. Any I know there's servers running 10k+ hosts and services.

We only have about 1,000 devices to monitor but I really would like only
the cities to show as groups on the main page then drill down from
there. Once you click on the city, I want site locations (Hub, CO, Colo,
etc). Then core devices, all the way down to access layer of hosts. If
not what other options to I have for management?

It seems like it would be a nightmare if it was 1 flat later of groups.

How is everyone else doing this?

-Will