Loosing NAGIOS_* env variables in 3.4.1

Mark D. Nagel mnagel at willingminds.com
Fri May 25 16:34:42 CEST 2012

On 5/25/2012 7:23 AM, Andreas Ericsson wrote:
> They're hardly useful there either, tbh, and if you really need them
> you can just put them up as command-line macros before the command you
> wish to run, like so: NAGIOS_SOMEVAR="$NAGIOS_SOMEVAR$"
> /path/to/something

Sure, that would work, but then you have to enumerate a whole mess of
stuff, including new custom fields as added, etc. Would be a lot easier
to have a command option to do it.  But this is definitely a way to go
until that is available (if ever).  The way we handle notifications,
having access to all those values is very handy since they feed into
templates that detail what occurred, what to do, etc.

Thanks,
Mark

--
Mark D. Nagel, CCIE #3177 <mnagel at willingminds.com>
Principal Consultant, Willing Minds LLC (http://www.willingminds.com)

** For faster support response time, please
** email support at willingminds.com or call 714-495-4000