Performance data not being returned

Jonathan Gazeley jonathan.gazeley at bristol.ac.uk
Tue May 15 11:30:12 CEST 2012

The newlines were introduced by my mail client. There are no unusual
characters in the output of the plugin. As far as I can tell, the
perfdata complies completely with the specs.

status | key1=value1%;warn;crit, key2=value2%;warn;crit

The perfdata string is generated in a loop by appending an item for each
DHCP pool I am monitoring. When we come to print the variable, it seems
to get ignored (hence the pipe is printed but nothing else).

If I statically set the variable to have the same value as the perfdata
ought to, then the plugin works properly, and the full perfdata string
is returned.

So what is it about printing this variable through NRPE that breaks it?
I am totally confused by this. Happy to send my plugin source code to
the list if it helps (it's only 60 lines of perl).

Thanks,
Jonathan